Thursday, February 23, 2006

You gonna eat that?

I ate a big bowl of oatmeal this morning, and, I swear, I was hungry 10 minutes later. It's a darn good thing I have an entire cupboard full of snacks hidden throughout my desk. I won't go into too much detail to protect my stash, but let me just say that all four food groups are represented.

I was reading an interesting article the other day about how a lot of school-age kids are eating lunch before 10:30 in the morning in their schools (usually because of overcrowding or budget cuts). Now, the kids were saying it's not bad in the morning because they eat breakfast around 6 a.m., but can you imagine eating lunch at 10:30 then not having dinner til 6 at night? Gah! I would just die. I would also probably have about 8 pounds of trail mix sewn into my backback for snacks. Seriously. I can barely make it 4 hours without eating. I mean, it's not like I keel over in a faint and I can do it if I have to, but, people, it ain't pretty.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hear ya! Only 3 meals a day would not get me by! I need my snacks!

9:39 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

I know! I've never understood those people that skip meals. There is just no way.

9:47 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

I think it's so sad how little I appreciated my metabolism when I was in high school. Now that it's gone, I miss it. Sniff.

1:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home