Friday, March 07, 2008

A foot of snow by evening? Fantastic

Last night's Lost was kind of blah. I was hoping to find out more about the Oceanic Six, not more proof that Ben's a jackhole. Knew that already, thanks. Anybody else think that Ben's spy on the freighter is Michael? He's in the credits, so he's gotta show himself sometime.

I made the mistake yesterday of watching an ER rerun that took place in the neonatal intensive care unit. By the end of it, I was bawling like a crazy person. Lil J was even looking at me like "Umm, Mom, it's FIC. TION. Settle down." But ever since I had him, I've developed this acute sensitivity to the plight of babies or kids in danger. I also saw a news clip today of a mother using a high-pressure car wash hose on her toddler and had the overwhelming urge to throttle that woman myself. Is this normal for a new parent, or am I suddenly a psychopath?

6 Comments:

Blogger BETH said...

ABSOLUTELY and that feeling doesn't diminish...I have a really hard watching anything bad/disturbing about children. Law and Order SVU? Forget about it.

10:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with both of you... anything bad happening to kids makes me physically sick now.

Do you watch Grey's Anatomy? I was a mess during the episode where Bailey's son is seriously injured.

11:37 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

That's a relief that I'm not losing it. And I'm totally going to avoid anything on tv except Sesame Street from now on :)

11:58 AM  
Blogger BETH said...

Anything dealing with the mother/daughter or mother/child relationship kills me...have you seen Terms of Endearment? Just thinking about the hospital scene makes me teary right now.

3:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beth, I couldn't watch that scene without bawling well before I had a baby... I can't imagine it now.

4:49 PM  
Blogger Jocelyn said...

Beth is right, it never goes away. I used to have this reputation for being tough and possibly a little mean, but now I cry over the silliest things and everyone's realized I'm really a sappy marshmallow.

Oh, it's not just TV - watch out for the mail, too. ;-) Seriously, last week my husband came home and found me sobbing over pictures of children with cleft lips (in a solicitation from a charity that helps them).

10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home