Thursday, June 26, 2008

Engage

Usually, I get a small sense of satisfaction from complaining about my sleepless nights with the baby. I think it's the cathartic effect and the sympathy I get from people. But today I am so exhausted and desperate and hopeless that if I start to think about it, I'm going to cry. So I'll just get started on my 23rd cup of coffee and try to think about something else.

J and I were being such geeks on the way to work this morning. He was quizzing me on plot points from Star Trek: The Next Generation, and I was actually getting the answers right. And, mind you, these were questions from episodes I last saw about 10 years ago. I'm such a dork. But, then again, there are all these kids on campus here who go to those comic conventions dressed as anime characters and such, and I don't do that, so I must not be topping out on the spaz scale just yet. Enjoying an occasional episode of Farscape isn't as bad as pretending you're a thong-wearing blue fairy with pink hair, right? Right?

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And I thought I knew you so well. I had no idea you watched Star Trek in any of its TV forms. Or Farscape either! Huh. All this time and I had no idea who you really were...

9:46 AM  
Blogger Jocelyn said...

My husband and I love ST:TNG, and we've watched it so incessantly that we can identify the episode within the first 15 seconds. We joke that we can tell which one it is by the star date in the opening monologue. Now *that's* geeky. :)

10:30 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Ha! It's nice to know J and I aren't the only ones! J was asking me this morning who Lor was and I was all "Pfft. Data's evil twin. Give me a hard one." Geek!

Alisa, it's funny you said that because when I told J this morning that if I was single, I'd pick Picard over Kirk, he was all "I don't even know you!" Nobody knows me today.

10:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're like some evil genius that thrives on no sleep... you are pulling random Trek knowledge from the recesses of your mind!

I wanted TNG back in junior high, but I definitely don't remember Lor. I do remember that Whoopie Goldberg was on the show for some unknown reason!

11:25 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Ah yes, Guynan the mysterious alien barkeep. You know, I was just thinking yesterday about how funny she was in Ghost. That scene where she's in the street yelling up to Molly, and the other guy yells at her and she goes "You want to kiss my butt?!?" Still cracks me up.

12:39 PM  
Blogger BETH said...

I would DEFINITELY pick Picard and I have only watched that show 2x in my life. :)

4:53 PM  
Blogger Jocelyn said...

Oh, Picard over Kirk, NO CONTEST. The real question is bearded Riker or clean shaven Riker? ;-)

10:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home