Monday, June 23, 2008

Looking rough and feeling downright revolting

Yeah, so we went to the ENT last Wednesday thinking we were just going for a quick follow-up appointment and ended up being in the hospital with Lil J until Sunday. The ENT suspected that the baby had a subglottic hemangioma, and, wouldn't you know it, he was right. Of course, it took a bronchoscopy and MRI to be sure. And, let me tell you something, as cruddy as it is to be in a hospital for 4 whole days, it is even worse to have the image of Lil J sedated in the ICU on a breathing tube pop into my head every once in a while. I hope he never, ever has to go through anything like that again. But, honestly, the little guy rebounded like a champ. He's doing much better now, and it's actually nice to know exactly what is causing his breathing troubles. Now we just have to wait to see how well the medication works long term.

And, here's a bonus, we found out today that somebody broke into our storage unit over the weekend and stole some of our stuff. Nothing valuable, but, I mean, really. Would somebody like to kick my puppy while they're at it?

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I can give you some good news...you missed every hair-pulling part of inventory! ;>)

I'm so glad you now have an answer and things are happening!

7:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All that just to get out of inventory??? (JK!)

Lil J is such a trooper! (and so are mom and dad!)

7:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe someone broke into your storage unit too! I think you guys have been through enough now. Here's hoping it's smooth sailing from here on out.

I'm sooooo glad you have a diagnosis and I really hope the meds do what they're supposed to do.

8:01 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Maybe the storage unit break-in was karmic balancing for me getting out of doing inventory. If that's the case, ok then :)

9:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.cincinnatichildrens.org/svc/alpha/o/ent/resources/stories/subglottic-hemangioma-dina.htm

Good Luck!

9:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home