Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Have at you!

I'm so relieved. Lil J didn't have any trouble breathing last night, so we all slept so much better. He even slept from 9 to 2 (which is usually his worst time of night), so I had a good 5-hour chunk of sleep there, full of dreams about tornadoes and giant sugar cookies. Curious. This morning over cereal, J and I were trying to figure out what we did differently that made Lil J sleep so well last night, but we're still not sure. It was either turning off the cool mist humidifier or slipping him that horse tranquilizer in his rice cereal at dinner. Could go either way.

But I wanted to thank everybody for their advice yesterday. I wonder if I'll ever get to the point with Lil J that I can turn off the baby monitor or put in ear plugs. It's really hard for me to do anything like that since the doctors told us that if he ever catches an upper respiratory infection, his windpipe could close and he'd stop breathing. And then there's that pause because they want to tell you that the child could die if that happens, but they don't because they don't want you to flip out. Stupid pause. But that's why I actually like to hear Lil J snore like a trucker. Snort away, son. Snort away.

5 Comments:

Blogger Hannah Barnaby said...

Congratulations! That is excellent news. But I doubt you'll ever figure out what made last night different than the others. The babies, they are made to keep us guessing. Lucy was sleeping 7 hours at a stretch last week, and this week she's getting up every four hours. Also she has learned to scooch. So we put her on her tummy in the middle of the crib, and a few hours later we find her approaching the corner, having left her binky far behind. Sigh.

9:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are such a good mommy :)

And maybe the tiredness finally caught up with him and really needed to sleep. And who knows, maybe the not sleeping could have been due to non-wind pipe issues, like teeth or gas or growing!

Hang in there!

9:19 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

I guess you can tell J and I are still new at this since we expect Lil J to actually make sense. Heh.

9:38 AM  
Blogger Jocelyn said...

Yay for sleep!

9:59 AM  
Blogger BETH said...

I second the YAY for sleep! And, I have been a parent for close to 5 years and I STILL don't feel like I know anything about parenting, etc...i think you just get more "comfortable" with taking each day as it comes. I will send good sleep vibes up your way!

1:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home