Thursday, May 22, 2008

See my loafers? Former gophers!

Why is it that we bought all these interesting, colorful toys for Lil J to chew on, and the only things he grabs for are magazines, paper towels and our bills?

I just cleaned off my computer keyboard using some canned air. Wow, that was gross. I swear, I don't even eat at my desk but somehow half a bagel fell out of there. That is disturbing. Since J works in IT, he tells me all these stories about the filthy condition computers are often in, which always motivates me to clean mine off lest he think I'm a slob like everybody else. I don't know, even with that, I find it hard to keep my desk or my house really clean. I do straighten up every day and clean about once a week, but I just don't think I'll ever be one of those people who has a spotless house. For one thing, I'm not scared of germs. I get so frustrated by those commercials that tell us we need to sanitize every surface in our homes. Listen to me, of COURSE your toilet has tons of bacteria in it. But do you eat your lunch in there? No? Then it's not worth worrying about. Did you know Michelangelo lived to be 88 and he never bathed? He scraped the dirt off himself every once in a while with oil and a squeegee. True story.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I recently got a "new" laptop at work, but judging from the visible crud, it appears to be "gently used". Not as bad as the "craptop" the initially tried to pawn off on me!

12:56 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

"Craptop," I'm going to have to tell J that one. It's too bad you can't just dunk a laptop in Lysol.

1:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home