Wednesday, May 21, 2008

"I have no name." "That might explain your lack of gainful employment"

I'm having another crisis about my hair. After seeing myself in a lot of pictures lately, I've determined that I don't look quite as good in a permanent ponytail as I thought I did. In fact, I think the ponytail is actually emphasizing my current jowliness (is that a word?). So I need to either a) cut bangs into my hair to hide more of my face or b) get my hair cut short so I don't have to pull it back all the time. There is an option c, but the odds of me shaving off all my hair are not good. I am certain I would not look good bald. I have a flat shelf on the top of my head that I really don't want to show people. Sometimes I wonder if my Mom let me stand on my head too much when I was a kid. I am getting off topic. Ok, so I need some advice on what to do with my coiffure. Keeping in mind that I only have 15 seconds a day to do my hair, what would be a good idea here? And, seriously, how did Gwyneth Paltrow have two small kids and every time you saw a picture of her, her waist-length hair was down? Lil J would have pulled out half that hair the minute he saw it. Freakin' Paltrow.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seriously... last night Logan reached over and just yanked out a handful of hair. Nice.

I keep mine long b/c I like being able to pull it back. I have the kind of hair that I have to do... when I let it air dry it does all kinds of crazy things, so cutting it short isn't really an option for me. Hmm... I know that doesn't really help YOU though...

9:12 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

It's nice to know we're in the same boat though :) I air dry my hair every day because if I use a blow dryer, it looks all frazzled and I resemble the lead singer of Warrant. I just wish my hair had some sort of natural style. It just lays there and won't do anything. Much like me on the weekends, actually.

9:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If it does fine air dried, then I think a little bob would work out nicely for you :)

9:57 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

If you air dry your hair I would suggest getting it cut short. Not just a bob, but something that has some dimension. Maybe some side swept bangs...

I need to do something too, but I can't air dry my hair b/c it goes crazy (somewhat like today)!

Experiment! It's only hair :)

10:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you get it cut short, and you let it air dry, for sure get layers cut into it. That way it won't lay there all "Wet Rag"ish when it does dry. The layers will help add volume. And, talk to your stylist about it before you go under the scissors. They are usually pretty good at knowing what cut will work for your hairtype. Good Luck!

10:09 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Ok, dimensional bob it is! By the way "Dimensional Bob" sounds like a great title for either a band or a tv show. I'm just saying.

10:11 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

You know what just occurred to me after reading Molly's comment? I should probably spend more than $10 on this haircut. Like, go to an actual salon instead of Supercuts. I'm going to do it! ...as long as it doesn't cost more than $30. That just seems excessive.

10:13 AM  
Blogger BETH said...

I agree about the Dimension Bob! I HAVE to blow dry and flat iron my hair which is why I keep it short. My hair is very thick and coarse so a short bob works well for me and I also get it thinned out when I get it cut. Anyhoo...DEFINITELY spend more than $10 on your hair cut, it is so worth it. some salons (like the one I go to) have different price levels based on the stylist's experience...I pay $35 and she is great. Is there someone at work whose hair you really like? Ask here where she gets her hair cut! Keep us posted and post pics when you get it cut! :)

10:43 AM  
Blogger Tiffany K. said...

I read a blog from a woman who just got her long, straight hair cut to her shoulders. Thought I'd share it to give you an idea. May 12th is her new cut. May 3rd is pre-cut. Good Luck! http://deborahgraff.blogspot.com/2008_05_01_archive.html

5:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home