Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Demented and sad but social

Lil J's been having trouble sleeping the last couple nights because he keeps turning over onto his back while he sleeps even though that makes it a lot harder for him to breathe. So he winds up waking up from the gasping and the shock of it all, I imagine, and he starts crying. He was doing that so often last night and the night before that we finally gave him more steroids, which did wonders for his breathing. As much as I generally consider pharmaceutical companies to be worthless piles of worm-ridden filth (no offense), I have to admit that when a drug does what it's supposed to, it is a huge relief. Of course, I still worry that having Lil J on so many steroids will turn him into an overly-aggressive, green-skinned mini-Hulk by the times he's 9 months old. But I'll just have to have faith that once he gets a little older, he'll be ok. I just don't want him beating up other babies in the park because of 'roid rage. How embarrassing.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's ok... Logan likes to bite my shoulder for some reason, so when he goes to daycare, I'm afraid he's going to be labeled as "the biter"!

I too am wary of drugs...but I don't know what I would have done without that percocet after my c-section!

10:57 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

I've also got this fear that if we have to keep using these steroids, Lil J will put on too much extra weight, and then people will think I'm overfeeding him. But, then again, putting him on a treadmill seems cruel. Argh!

12:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home