Thursday, May 01, 2008

And Leon is getting larger

Lil J has been doing a lot of new and interesting things lately: grabbing objects, eating cereal, flailing around on his belly, refusing to sleep and (my favorite) humming. He just sits there, tucks in his bottom lip and starts "Mmmmmmm"ing for 15 minutes straight. So this, of course, makes me and J hum back at him, and the result is that our house sounds like a pod of humpback whales lives there. You know, I've had a soft spot for humpback whales ever since I saw Star Trek IV and they had to go back in time to kidnap a couple whales named George and Gracie and take them into the future to save all mankind. Favorite line from that movie is when Chekov says to the people on the street "We are looking for nuclear wessels." See, when the Cold War ended, we lost a lot of good jokes...and villains in James Bond movies. Sure, you can use Middle Eastern terrorists as the villains now, but that seems so racist. It's much less complicated when the bad guy is also white and just horrifically scarred.

And, just so you know, when I was a kid, I never understood why Spock from Star Trek wrote books on babies. It wasn't until I was about 12 that I figured out that Dr. Spock was an entirely different person. But, to this day, I expect Leonard Nimoy to know a lot about babies. True story.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

It's funny you bring up Leonard Nimoy...I was just talking about him with my Father (who enjoys the Star Trek) this weekend. Did you know he once put out a record? The title of one of the songs is, The Ballad of Biblo Baggins. Check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQtyJZhV2lQ

Gotta love it!

9:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAHA - I have seen this video before... too funny!

I'm so excited for Lil J and all his new "tricks"! You'll miss a lot of the new baby things about him, but all these new things are great fun too!

10:05 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

I blame my sci-fi-loving brother for this, but I've already seen that Leonard Nimoy video, too. And don't get me started on the unique song stylings of one William Shatner. I love him. Yes, I am such a geek.

10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home