Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Slimy pile of worm-ridden filth

Oooh, I tell you what, if somebody walked in here right now and gave me a cheese coney and lemon-berry slush from Sonic, I would not turn them down. It's only 9:45 in the morning, and I'm already thinking about lunch. I'm never going to lose the baby weight this way. But I was thinking about it this morning--on average, I've been waking up twice a night, an hour each time, for the past 4 months, and I've somehow managed to adapt to that without falling asleep while working or driving (yay me!). So if I'm craving a cinnamon roll and an Icee, I feel like I owe it to myself to eat them and not feel guilty about it. Of course, I realize this is the precise kind of thinking that could lead to me weighing 300 pounds eventually, but I just don't care anymore. If somebody starts making fun of my size, I'll just pound them with my massive upper arms. It would be akin to being whomped in the head with a 7-pound ham, I kid you not.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can still fool myself that I owe myself some crappy food since I didn't get to eat it when I was preggo b/c of the GD... and then I'm surprised why the number on the scale isn't going down!

1:05 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

Ha! Seriously. If I'd had the GD while I was pregnant, I probably would have eaten an entire bakery (walls and all) the day after the baby was born.

1:23 PM  
Blogger Jocelyn said...

I ate really really well when I was pregnant, but afterwards, I justified every piece of junk that went in my mouth with "I'm breastfeeding! I'm burning 500 calories a day JUST SITTING HERE!" Sadly, while I have stopped breastfeeding, I have not stopped putting junk in my mouth, and I now have the extra-wide butt to prove it.

1:37 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

Ha! And it also doesn't help that while I'm sitting there on the couch feeding him, I keep seeing these commercials for the tin roof brownie blizzard from Dairy Queen. They haunt my dreams.

3:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I succumbed to the tin roof brownie blizzard over the weekend, but I split it with Mike, so that's not as bad, right? And I'm with ya about the breastfeeding excuse too!

4:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh! I just saw an ad for that Blizzard and it looks delightful!

7:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home