Thursday, April 03, 2008

Word to your mother


I can't stop posting baby pictures! This is another one taken by J's mother...I know, the bib kind of gave it away. We have a set of bibs that say "I *heart* my" Mom, Dad, Grandma and Grandpa, but it occurs to me that we've never put Lil J in the Grandpa one even though J's dad sees him pretty often. Grandpas really do get the shaft sometimes, don't they? They're the unsung hero of the baby world. I mean, sure, sometimes they bring it on themselves by being really crotchety, but you hardly ever hear someone win an Oscar and then make a point to thank their Grandpa in the acceptance speech. Darn shame, that. Because the one Grandpa I grew up with was always giving us candy orange slices, quarters and soup. He was pretty cool.

6 Comments:

Blogger BETH said...

I agree on the Grandpa thing! EH only has one, but my Dad is so great with her! He sometimes just sends her postcards to say hello, that he loves her, etc. She LOVES getting mail! :) Keep posting the pics, I love to see them!

10:27 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Aww, that is so cool that your dad does that! Such a neat idea! What does she call him?

10:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is cute!

And yes, Lil J is freaking adorable!

11:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You definitely have a cutie :) Ladies of Ohio, look out!

Logan has 3 pop-pops and he gets a kick out of all of them!

12:12 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

3 pop-pops? That's awesome. Think of how wealthy I'd have been if I'd had 3 grandfathers giving me quarters....

Man, it's weird thinking of Lil J macking on the ladies. Hopefully he'll do that when I'm not around. I'm afraid I'd giggle if I saw that.

1:01 PM  
Blogger BETH said...

EH calls my Dad, Grandpa..not original but it works.

8:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home