Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Gummy Jim

We go to a pediatrician's office that has four different doctors, and Lil J has been seen by all four of them at different times, but I still figured that out of all the pediatricians in the city, it would not be one of those four when the news last night declared that a "local pediatrician has been arrested." I was wrong. Yep, turns out the doctor who helped Lil J get through his jaundice right after he was born was arrested for allegedly groping the mother of a patient while she was in the office. Fantastic. And this man has never had any other trouble with the law or medical licensing board, but it actually didn't completely surprise me because both J and I got a bit of a skeezy vibe from him when we met him. He seemed just a little too interested in asking me about breastfeeding. Ewwww! But aside from the overall sense of ick I have now, I'm wondering if the whole practice is doomed. That would stink because I like all the other doctors and nurses there, and I really don't want to have to find a new pediatrician. Why are people so gross? That's what I want to know. I blame Hugh Hefner. Freakin' Girls Next Door. I hate that show.

7 Comments:

Blogger BETH said...

Ewww. I am sorry!

10:34 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Isn't that gross? I just saw on the news website that this doctor is 70 years old. Methinks maybe he's having some mental issues.

10:37 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I looked at the story online, and he is a big guy. I would not have guessed he was 70. Dirty old man!

10:56 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

He's got more gray hair now than that picture on the news website, and he may be even heavier, too.

11:13 AM  
Blogger BETH said...

i am thinking this doctor's career is now over, don't you think? Retire, old man, retire!

1:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is crazy. Why must there be sickos like this in the world?

1:33 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

I'd agree it's time for him to retire. It's kind of sad because he really was good with Lil J, but I'm not willing to risk his well-being or mine. I just hope the whole practice doesn't go under.

1:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home