Thursday, March 13, 2008

He's just a poor boy from a poor family

I'm feeling much better today. Lil J slept a lot better last night, and I apparently fell asleep while I was feeding him in the evening, which probably also helped combat the ol' sleep deficit. That's so disturbing though--falling asleep while you're holding a baby and not even realizing it until you look at the tv, an entirely different show is on, your glasses are sideways on your face and you suspect that's drool you feel on your cheek. And the baby's just looking at you with this cocky expression that says "Sucker! I got to eat an extra 20 minutes because you can't control your internal clock! Boo-yah!" I've developed a case of infant-induced narcolepsy. Oooh, have I ever mentioned that I knew a narcoleptic kid in South Carolina? He slept through everything. To this day, I suspect he was actually just really lazy.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who suffers from infant induced narcolepsy! It hasn't happened recently, but it has happened. Most of the time, Logan fell asleep too.

8:52 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

I feel so bad when I wake up and Lil J is still awake and he's got this perplexed look on his face. But, I swear, they're draining our energy or something. It's not our fault!!

9:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bohemian Polka! I mean Rhapsody!

Narcolepsy would be a good one to fake. You'd be very rested and no one could say anything to you.

10:21 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Seriously. I'm surprised more people don't claim to have narcolepsy. Especially college students. I remember that kid in SC was supposed to take meds to keep him awake, but he'd always claim to have forgotten to take them because he fell asleep. How convenient!!

10:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think all new moms should just automatically be diagnosed with narcolepsy!

12:54 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

So the question is: when does the narcolepsy go away? When they sleep through the night? When they get married? I must know!

1:35 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm afraid to say it doesn't. I almost fell asleep in the waiting room at the DR's office last night, with Ben on my lap.

I'm really getting fed up with his immune system. When will it start fighting back!

2:49 PM  
Blogger BETH said...

It gets better when they start sleeping in longer spans of time...it is sad when you get excited that the baby slept for FOUR hours straight! But, then it will go to 5 and 6 and so on. What stinks is when they sleep "through the night" for a week and then go back to waking up every 2 hours.

3:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home