Tuesday, March 11, 2008

The nnnnnguuu slobber bomb

Well, maternity leave is up, so I'm back at work today. It's quite surreal, actually. Everything seems familiar but slightly off. It wasn't too bad leaving Lil J this morning because his daddy is watching him today and his grandma will be watching him the rest of the week. But every time I look at his picture on my desk, I get a little stabby pain in my chest. My plan is to try to imagine moving into a better neighborhood every time that happens though. A little positive reinforcement never hurt anyone. Plus, I'll be sure to give Lil J plenty of hugs, kisses and belly nibbles when I get home. I just hope he remembers who I am.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

as much as it hurts to look at his picture right now, it is going to feel so good when you get home and he gives you a big grin :)

10:52 AM  
Blogger BETH said...

It gets easier and Katie is right about that grin!

12:30 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

Check this out--I went home for lunch and he barely paid any attention to me! He just kept chewing his hand and looking at daddy. I'm trying not to take it personally :)

3:01 PM  
Blogger Jocelyn said...

It's hard...sooooo hard... to leave them, but it really does get easier.

Katie's right. And even if he doesn't necessarily grin at you, just getting to hold him again will feel great. :) The best part of my day is going to pick up my little guy at daycare, and seeing that huge smile as he runs towards me.

4:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

eh, 4 hours with dad wasn't enough time for him to really miss you... however, 8 hours with dad is a different story ;)

7:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home