Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Dong, where is my automobile?

I'm definitely going to have to up the caffeine intake today. I think hanging out with his daddy all day yesterday tuckered Lil J out, because he slept pretty much all evening. Unfortunately, that meant when he woke up at 3 this morning, he didn't really want to go back to sleep, so I'm just a smidge sleep-deprived today. I'm hoping that his schedule evens out a bit once he gets used to our new routine. Otherwise, I'm going to have to start going to bed at 5 p.m. and waking up at 3 a.m. every morning, and that's going to seriously cut into my tv watching. Not to mention I'll be hungry for lunch at 8 a.m..

Honestly, though, I'm having a hard time getting rid of the fear that the baby and I aren't going to be as close as mothers and children who are together all the time. I know that's not really true because I've seen other working moms with their kids and they're wonderful together, but it's hard to shake that feeling right now. Of course, on the other hand, maybe it's good that he's spending time with people other than just me. I don't want to make him a mama's boy and be picking out his clothes when he's 25. That would not be good.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

automobile?

I understand why you are worried, but I don't think you should be. Logan still reaches out for me and can only be comforted by me (even when the grandmas are around).

9:41 AM  
Blogger BETH said...

This is your 2nd day back at work from maternity leave...of course you are tired and worried and all kinds of other emotions are going on! EH has been in daycare since she was 3 months old and we are close and bonded and all that other warm/fuzzy stuff. :) I joke about it but she has been fine, learned a LOT, etc. etc. I know I didn't teach her how to count to 10 in spanish! :) Hang in there!

9:47 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Thank you for saying that. It's funny because I know he'll be ok the days I'm not there, and I'm very lucky that J and his mother are watching him. I guess I just need to be patient and let myself get used to this. I'm going to be a mess when he goes off to college! :)

9:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, now I know why my parents were always so worried about where I was going and who I was going to be with, etc!

12:28 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

Hee, we should implant those GPS chips in our kids' heads while they sleep so we'll always know where they are!

12:46 PM  
Blogger BETH said...

Just wait until they move up to the 1 yr old, 2 yr old, etc. rooms...I would cry on the first day of each new "school" year! If I start thinking about EH going to kindergarten in the fall, I get teary! And, it is 4K which she is already in, but she will be in a school, not a daycare/preschool. Sigh...time flies!

3:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The bond b/t Mom and child is strong- don't ever doubt it!
You can make a time that is "mommy time" where you do the same thing with him each time you come home. Eva Cate and I snuggle and rock after her last bottle every night before bed. Mark has "daddy time" every morning where he wakes her up and gets her morning bottle.

That wawy- no matter how hectic the days are, we still get our special time with her.

3:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home