Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Matt Damon!

Good grief, I think I just gave myself a hernia. I was moving some furniture around the ol' office and apparently put all the weight on my lower back. This is what I get for always jokingly telling people who are doing heavy lifting for me to "lift with your back, not your legs!". Karma. This is going to be interesting, having the furniture in a different arrangement. The previous library director retired, so we're allowed to get rid of some stuff now and make changes to our offices if we want to. My grand plan is to move a couple cabinets, paint the walls purple and install a shark tank. And I'm going to name my shark Pancake. Just cause.

At 3 o'clock this morning, Lil J woke up for a feeding. But instead of doing the assorted grunts and low cries he usually does, he jarred me awake with one big "MEH!" Scared the bejeezus out of me. Of course, it's possible he tried the quieter stuff first and I wasn't waking up, so he got annoyed and gave me the baby bellow. I'm not sure. All I know is that I stumbled over, picked him up and managed to feed him before I ever even really woke up. I am Zombie Mom!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can definitely relate to Zombie Mom. Ever get to work and wonder how you got there? Not good.

11:40 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Heh, yeah, that is not a comforting thought. And, I can tell you this, I don't care one iota anymore if my socks and shoes actually match. It's so low on my list of priorities right now.

2:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home