Thursday, March 27, 2008

You have a big nose, Charlie!

So yesterday in my blog post, I made an offhand comment about people falling down wells, and then this morning I saw on the Today show that girls in India and China just fell down wells this week and were brought out alive, much to the relief of all involved. Is it possible that I'm psychic and I don't realize it? Cause a couple weeks ago I also titled one of my posts with a line from Ghost and then the next day I found out that Patrick Swayze had cancer. Freak-ay. Maybe my blog is the clairvoyant one. That would be something, wouldn't it? One day I'm going to write about muffins falling from the sky to see if it actually happens. That would rule!

Lil J didn't nap for his grandma at all yesterday (that poor woman), so he slept for two and a half hours yesterday evening. I honestly didn't know what to do with myself. I just sat on the couch watching him sleep because I seriously couldn't wrap my mind around the idea of just going and doing something that didn't involve him. So weird. It reminds me of that French proverb: "To the world, you are one person. But to one person, you are the world." Mmm hmm. Only smart thing the French have ever said. Zing!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mike calls me Nostradamus b/c there have been several times in the past year when I brought something up and then it happened- creepy!

Watching a baby sleep is one of the best things in the world... I don't know why, but it is. Holding a sleeping baby is a little better :)

9:42 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

I totally agree. Not to get overly poetic here, but a sleeping baby seems to exemplify everything that is peaceful, innocent and good. Plus, it's just really nice when they're not crying :)

9:52 AM  
Blogger Jocelyn said...

I loved watching my kiddo sleep when he was an infant. In fact, I often still sneak into his room when he's sleeping, just to look at him. Which drives my husband crazy - "you'll wake him up!"

11:49 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

We just went home for lunch and Lil J slept the entire time we were home. It was cute--the blanket had fallen over half his face, but he didn't seem to mind at all. J got some pictures of him that I'll have to post.

12:50 PM  
Blogger BETH said...

Watching them sleep doesn't go away...EH is 4 1/2 and I watched her for a minute this a.m. before I woke her up...sooo cute!

3:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home