Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Could this BE any more stream-of-consciousness?

My friend, Hannah (she sometimes comments on the blog), had her baby yesterday! A little girl, and she's just adorable. I'd gotten a text from Hannah at 9:30 in the morning saying she was at the hospital, but then I didn't hear anything about the results until this morning, at which point I was chewing my fingers off and tearing out my hair worrying that something went wrong. Why can't I just relax and trust that things went well? Why do I always start envisioning people falling down wells when I know for a fact that they're safe and sound in a hospital? The anxiety center in my brain must be about twice the normal size...along with the Skittles center and the disco-loving neurons. Interestingly enough, I believe my liver is only half the normal size because I've never had a high alcohol tolerance. Did I ever tell you guys about the time I drank 4 beers in college (I was 21, let me assure you) and woke up on my dorm room bed with projectile vomit all over the wall? Charming, I know. Wait, where was I going with this? Right, babies. Congratulations, Hannah! I'll stop talking about puke now...except, just let me say that my work shirt is covered in spit-up this morning because Lil J let me have it right before we left. The kid's got moxie.

3 Comments:

Blogger BETH said...

Congrats to Hannah!
You are a great stream of consciousness writer! :)

Spit up on your clothes is fun...so is snot and vomit! :) ha ha! Just wait until your little one runs out of the bathroom with pants still around ankles to announce their big poo!

8:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It cracks me up when Mike complains about a little bit of spit up on his shirt... I think Logan has gotten all of his bodily functions on me at one point in time... and I just take it all in stride.

8:44 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Heh, yeah, I didn't even bother changing my shirt. It's like a badge of honor to me. "I'm taking care of a human fountain, and all I got was this tshirt!"

8:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home