Thursday, April 10, 2008

Rule number one about Fight Club: never talk about Fight Club

I keep seeing these news stories this week about high school girls getting into fist fights with other girls, teachers, pit bulls, etc... and it really surprises me. I'm trying to remember hearing about any of the girls I knew in high school getting into a fight like that and I'm coming up blank. Heck, even the tough girls of my high school (the ones who wore a lot of black, smoked and did that co-op program) didn't get into trouble for fighting. Geez, either we were an extremely mild grouping of 2000 teenagers or kids these days are going nuts. I wouldn't even have known how to throw a punch when I was 16. Maybe they're watching too much UFC. That could be it.

I woke up in the middle of a dream last night, and I was wearing the dumbest outfit in it. I was living in Florida, working in a library and I was sporting an oversized, short-sleeve white button down shirt and cream-colored lace culottes. That is an atrocious ensemble. Why do I dream in such bad fashion sense? You'd think I'd make myself look better. This is troubling.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that was quite an outfit. Tonight you should dream about Clinton and Stacy to see what they have to say about it.

12:10 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

I'm scared of what they would say about my dream clothes. I just had no clue my subconscious had such poor taste. It must tune out when I start watching What Not To Wear.

1:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

were you in an 80's sit-com in this dream?

Those cheerleaders beating on that one girl... I can't believe it. And the one girl's mother actually defended their behavior!

3:38 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

Oooh, I saw that mother on the news. Her daughter has her completely snowed. It's pathetic. And did you hear how the girls didn't even seem to care when they got arrested? Buncha psychopaths.

3:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One asked if she'd be home in time for cheerleading practice...

4:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home