Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Tell that to George Zipp

Yesterday, J and I overheard this guy we know talking about a couple who, as he put it, "wanted to celebrate New Year's by buying some crack." I'm sorry, what now? I suppose I am a sheltered person, but what ever happened to going out to Applebee's to celebrate a special occasion? Having some chicken tenders and maybe an appletini? Sigh. I guess for some people the jumbo appetizer platter just isn't enough of a thrill. Me, I know how many fat calories and sodium are in something like that, so that's more than enough danger in my life, thank you very much. Next time I want to live on the edge, I'll go to Rally's and get one of their mystery meat, 99-cent hamburgers. Honestly, how can they charge that little for something with meat in it? It's all very suspicious.

8 Comments:

Blogger BETH said...

I have often wondered the same thing about Taco Bell..how can something with meat in it only cost 49 cents? Scary, if you ask me.
Nothing like cocaine to ring in a new year! :)

10:04 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

I TELL myself that Taco Bell keeps things cheap by having so few ingredients, but deep in my heart I know it's because that meat is far from Grade A. Ewwww.
Hey, Beth, you want some meth for your birthday this year?

10:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boy Rally's looks an awful lot like Checkers. I've never been to Checkers but I was always suspect of their cheap food.

That is so weird about that couple wanting to celebrate with crack. That is a world I do not know.

10:12 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Ahh, they must be owned by the same company. Did you hear that Arby's is going to buy Wendy's? That doesn't seem right. They must be selling way more big beef 'n' cheddars than I realized. Maybe they're putting crack in them...?

10:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If they are then that couple could just go to Arby's for New Years! Wow, that was a great segue! Yay us.

11:01 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

We are good!

It does sort of make me wonder...if Arby's starts putting crack in their sandwiches, will they cost more or less? Production costs will increase, sure, but I bet they could sell 20 or 30 sandwiches per person, thus enabling them to lower the price from the increased demand. Hmmm.

I am insane!

11:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Since crack doesn't cause the munchies the way weed does, it would be more beneficial for them to add marijuana to their menu...cheap, homegrown, all natural. Marijuana would probably be the most healthy thing on the menu, too!!

2:20 PM  
Blogger BETH said...

Yes, I have already have a birthday stash, thank you. ha ha ha ha...just kidding in case someone from my workplace finds this blog. I do not do drugs.

3:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home