Thursday, April 24, 2008

Give me some of your tots

I need to remember to set the DVR to tape The Office at 9, 30 Rock at 9:30 and Lost at 10. At least, I think that's the schedule. There is just no earthly way I'm going to get to watch all those shows live. One or two is possible depending on when Lil J decides to go to sleep. His schedule is really all over the place since everything went wacky this weekend. And this probably falls into the category of Too Much Information, but he's not nursing real well, so feeding him isn't the cakewalk that it used to be. It's not his fault--I got so dehydrated when I had the flu that my body's not producing the amount of breastmilk it used to. And, really, it worries me sick that it won't come back and we'll have to switch entirely to formula. I know formula's just fine, but I really like the time that I have with him when he nurses. It used to be that I could rub his head and pat his back and he'd just lie there looking all serene. Now when I try to do that he bats away my hand, and I giggle thinking of him saying "Gawd, Mom, get off me! I'm not a baby! Geesh!"

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Try to nurse him as much as you can when you are with him, that may help your supply.

8:50 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

I've been trying that the last couple days, but it seems like the milk just isn't there because he gets frustrated, starts crying and pounds me on the chest with his fist. Do I just keep at it and hope it kicks in? How many days do you think it'll take?

8:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wonder why they swapped Scrubs and 30 Rock. I'm definitely FauxVoing everything tonight. I'll watch it all tomorrow night instead. I just am unable to make it until 11.

I hope the nursing gets better.

10:12 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

I know, I actually liked having 30 Rock on at 8:30 because it's pretty likely I'll be asleep at 9:30. Pitiful, I know. But, yeah, thank goodness for recorders!

10:40 AM  
Blogger BETH said...

I agree with Katie, nurse as much as you can and drink PLENTY of water! And, try not to stress about it, a lactation consultant told me your supply can be affected by stress. I accidentally took cold medicine and it affected my supply for about a week. Hang in there!

11:03 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Thanks, Beth. That's so good to know! I really can't say enough how much I appreciate the advice you guys are always giving me!

11:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a good point, if your hospital has a lactation consultant, give her a call. I know there are some things they can recommend to help with the supply... definetly water, I've also heard oatmeal (includes cookies!) and some herbal supplements as well.

11:31 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Mmmm...oatmeal cookies. Now there's something that doesn't make me nauseous when I think about eating it. Huzzah!

1:17 PM  
Blogger Jocelyn said...

Have you tried fenugreek? It worked wonders for me. You have to take a fairly large amount, and it makes you smell like fake maple syrup, but it was worth it. :)

10:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home