Friday, May 09, 2008

Smoking is very bad for you, ok?

I'm going to let you in on a little secret about J. You know how I like to use quotes from movies in my blog post titles, yes? Well, I definitely have a few favorites that I draw from frequently, but I try to mix it up a bit, throw in a Last of the Mohicans reference just to keep things interesting. You dig. But whenever J quotes a line from a movie then asks me "What's that from?" I always answer the same three movies: The Matrix, Fight Club or Gone in 60 Seconds. Those are the only three movies he ever quotes. And, I swear, he's seen other movies, but he apparently doesn't find them that interesting on a literary level. Of course, there was a period there when he'd quote lines from his video games at me, but I finally had to tell him I had no idea what he was talking about and, frankly, he was starting to sound crazy, and he stopped doing that. But I guess this is why it's good he has his gamer friends. They speak the same jive. Me, I'll just keep watching Muppet movies, thank you very much.

Oh, and by the way, I fell asleep at 8:45 last night so I didn't get to see any of my shows yet. It's pitiful.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I missed half of Lost... but watched while I was nursing Logan this am!

Mike always quotes movies that I would never in a million years know. He doesn't seem to mind, he still cracks himself up- ha!

9:37 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Hee, that's true. As long as they amuse themselves, that's what's really important :)

My friend at work gave me a quick recap of what happened on Lost last night, but I'm excited to watch it this weekend. Sounds like it was a good episode!

10:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was kinda crazy... but just bringing up more questions!

1:11 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

That part with Claire sounded really strange. I read one columnist who thinks she's dead, but other people were saying she's possessed or drugged or all sorts of things. Puzzling.

1:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pepe!!!!!

4:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home