Friday, May 02, 2008

No grapes, no nuts

I must be going through another hormone surge because I keep seeing this commercial during Cash Cab for the Discovery Channel (the one where all the Discovery Channel hosts and other celebrities and such are singing the "Boom dee ahh da" song and saying how wonderful the world is), and every time I get all misty. I make myself sick sometimes! But that whole idea that the world is a delightful place full of beauty and mystery just makes me want to go outside, hug a shrub and high five a squirrel. And don't even get me started on the Louis Armstrong "What a Wonderful World" song. I cry like a little girl. All my cynical talk about people is simply a ruse to cover up the fact that I love humankind, I believe we're all capable of wondrous things and I really want to go live in the mountains, wear a sheet and chant about hummingbirds. There. I admit it.

P.S. Does anybody else find this marriage between Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon to be weird? I guess it's because I think of her as being pretty old and him as a teenager, but I can't help but think he married his mom somehow. Ewww.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

She's supposedly 11 years older but that doesn't seem right. I'm assuming their ages in IMDB are wrong and that she's actually older than it says and that he's actually younger than it says.

"What a Wonderful World" makes me cry too.

1:15 PM  
Blogger BETH said...

I don't know who Nick Cannon is!

What a Wonderful World chokes me up, too.

Ann, have you seen Enchanted? When you wrote about high fiving a squirrel, it made me think of that movie.

1:44 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

I haven't seen Enchanted although I'd like to. Nick Cannon is the kid from Drumline. And Mariah Carey is at least 63.

1:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is the commercial that always gets me...Happy Almost 1st Mother's Day!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayxputzFuuA

2:23 PM  
Blogger BETH said...

Still no clue, haven't seen Drumline. OH well. I am old.

4:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home