Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Ya can't come in!

We had such a tough night on Sunday that the whole family (me, J and Lil J) were all in bed by 8:30 last night. It was like a night at the retirement community after the annual Bowl-a-thon and Gimlet Festival. We were all tuckered out geriatric-style.

We're doing inventory in the library this week. We do this every year, and every year it gets more and more mind-numbing. You seriously have to go through each book one by one and make sure it's in the right place, and we've got something like 60,000 books in here. What I'd really like to do is put an item in next year's budget to hire robots to do this. I'm pretty sure that if I thought about it hard enough, I could re-wire a couple Roombas to take care of inventory in a few hours. Yes, yes, I should do that.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I often feel like an old fogey myself!

12:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah... I remember doing inventory at TCL. Those were the days! I was so proud of myself that I made it into bed before 10 last night!

1:43 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

Do people who have babies as teenagers ever feel young again? Maybe they have more energy than I do.

4:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I'm starting to rethink my ideas of teen pregnancy... they must have it so easy with all that energy!

4:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home