Wednesday, December 17, 2008

"Let her go." "That was a poor choice of words."

I think Lil J had a good time at his first birthday party on Saturday. A lot of people came over to help us celebrate, and he got lots of new, fun toys to play with. And thank goodness for that. Because I'd run out of ways to make a yellow plastic ball interesting. I still can't believe he's a toddler now. He's walking around (although he generally maxes out after about 8 steps) and talking. He says "hi, Dad," "hi, Kitty" and "hot" very well. He refuses to say "mom" though. I'm not going to push it, however. He'll say it when he's ready. And then I imagine he'll say it over and over to the point where I want to smash my head against a wall. Because that's what I did to my Mom when I was a kid. It's the circle of life. Anyway, I'll get some pictures posted on here soon of him eating his cake. That kid can grip some frosting, that's all I'm saying.

Oh, and I've gotten to see most of The Dark Knight on DVD. What a good movie. You can't even tell that's Heath Ledger under that makeup. Amazing. But what really got my attention: Bruce Wayne calling Alfred "droll." Nobody uses the word "droll" anymore. Shame, that.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, The Dark Knight is kind of a long movie so I'm not surprised you aren't able to sit through the entire thing. It seems like movies are getting longer and longer these days. What happened to the neat and tidy 90 minute movie?

Anyway, that's so cute that Lil J's talking and walking so much. I can't wait to see the frosting pics!

1:19 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

I think I could have sat through it if I wasn't chasing Lil J around :) I tend to watch movies in half hour spurts anymore.

2:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home