Thursday, January 22, 2009

Why are my homies dissing my girl?

The assignment from Jocelyn: Go to your picture files, go to your 6th folder, go to your 6th picture, tell us about it, tag 6 friends to do the same. The result:



This is the big, red art sign on the campus where I work. In fact, that white rectangle to the left is the actual building where the library is. I like this picture because a) you can see part of the Columbus skyline in the background, b) you get a good sense of what the sky looks like here from November to February and c) it illustrates the complete lack of creativity we have at this here art school. I'm serious, people actually call this "the big, red art sign." We also have a building on campus called "B&E." You know what the "B" and "E" stand for? "Big" and "empty." I'm not even making that up. They're very literal when it comes to naming things. It makes me sad. They're building a new dorm where that parking lot is, and you know what people are calling it? The "new dorm." Sigh. Ok, Beth, Alisa, Katie, Hannah, Ashley and Becky, it's your turn.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't have 6 picture folders here at work. I don't even think I have 6 picture folders at home. Hmmm... (and what's with the 6-6-6?)

10:08 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Really? I think I have about a million picture folders.

Are you suggesting this picture thing is evil? Like the fruits of the devil, evil?

10:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok- I did it with 2 different files...
Ironically, my 6th picture folder is of Jonathan! The 6th picture was of you and J on the porch and he is wearing the blue sweater and hat and raising his arm! The other one was of me pregnant with Eva Cate @ 6 months! Creepy with all the 6 things.

11:16 AM  
Blogger Hannah Barnaby said...

I only have two folders on my laptop, and then a whole bunch of single photos, the sixth of which is a picture of Lucy at about ten weeks old, sitting on a quilt made by my friend Jane, holding a baby picture of me at about four months. And it's eerie how much she looks like baby me. Lately she looks more and more like Eddie's side of the family, except that she still has my hair and eye color. And according to my mother-in-law, Lucy makes the same "leave me alone, I'm very focused on this" face as I do.

11:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't have my pics here at work, so I went to shutterfly... and the picture I came up with was the 2nd time Logan got together with his girlfriend, Violet :) They are both running around my friend's mom's house.

11:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm only posting because I thought you should have 6 comments too.

3:08 PM  
Blogger Jocelyn said...

"The big red art sign." Hah. I think I'm going to start naming stuff like that: "the loud, annoying coworker," "the small ugly dog," "the absurdly overpriced house that's been for sale for the last 9 months." Although, that last one is kind of a mouthful. Plus it applies to 80% of the houses for sale in my neighborhood.

3:49 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

Sorry, Alisa, this is the 8th comment. Maybe if we really try, we can get up to 66...?

I've liked hearing what everyone's picture was. And you know what else? I'm going to stop calling Tara Reid by name and instead call her "Boob with all that eyeliner." This is going to rule.

4:25 PM  
Blogger BETH said...

Sorry I am a day late in commenting! My picture is actually a pic of my sister and me in about 1981 at the beach...she has been scanning and emailing them and this one is actually on her facebook page. Fun!

7:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home