Friday, January 09, 2009

My heart's on fire for Elvira

I keep having dreams about two things: chasing Robert Pattinson through warehouses and helping the Obama family move to Ohio. Curious.

My mother-in-law has been bringing some CDs to the house so she and Lil J can listen to some music the days she watches him. It's stinking adorable to watch them dance, and Lil J just loves it. This morning, they were whirling around to the Statler Brothers. And that got me reminiscing about the music that was cool when I was a kid in the early 80's. Remember the Oak Ridge Boys? Crystal Gayle? I couldn't tell you a single song they sang, but I remember seeing them on tv a lot. My sisters and I used to watch a lot of Solid Gold. We thought that was such a cool show. Oh, and Dance Fever. Sigh. Such a simpler time. But, ironically, the hair and makeup were much more complex. Your feathered bangs and sparkly blue eyeshadow had to look just right.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's actually Crystal Gale's birthday today. I was a huge Solid Gold fan when I was a kid. That's so cute that they listen to music and dance around.

Oh and those sound like interesting dreams.

8:57 AM  
Blogger Jocelyn said...

Thank you. Now I have Elvira stuck in my head. And by the way, you apparently know at least one Oak Ridge Boys song. :)

9:26 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Did they sing that?? This makes me wonder what other songs of theirs are lurking in my head. Scary.

So how old is Crystal anyway? I wonder if she ever cut her hair.

10:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home