Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Don, can I have one of those buttons?

I'm finally back at work today. Feels weird to be here since we had such a long winter break this year. I thought for sure that Lil J would be sad to see me leave this morning, but the minute Grandma S. walked in the door, he wanted nothing to do with me. Hmph.

You know, I think it's almost time to get that kid's hair cut because everybody who's seen him out in public lately has called him "she." Even though almost everything we dress him in is either blue or has dump trucks all over it, people think he's a girl. But I'm pretty sure it's because of his hair. It's starting to curl up on the ends, and it's getting down past his ears. So it may be time. I don't really want to cut it because I'm so fascinated by a child of mine having curly hair (how did that happen??), but I don't want him to look like Kate Hudson's little boy either. Pardon my French, but little boys aren't supposed to look like Disney princesses.

3 Comments:

Blogger BETH said...

I love the curly hair on toddlers, it is so cute! EH got her first hair cut at 7 months b/c she already had such thick hair AND Kenny's mom tried to cut it (long story).

And, I agree on it being hard to get back into routine of work this week!!

1:50 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

It's going to be very strange when we finally cut Lil J's hair. How old are most kids when they get their first haircut anyway?

3:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I personally trimmed Logan's hair right on his first birthday, but he got his first real haircut around 14 months.

And I think Lil J looks like all boy!

My brother had super curly hair and my mom didn't cut it until my dad made her b/c everyone thought he was a girl!

9:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home