Wednesday, January 14, 2009

What happened to Mickey Rourke's face?

There's a girl who works here in the library who has decided to go to San Diego for graduate school. Seeing as to how it is currently about 8 degrees outside and snowing, I am totally digging her jive. My right hand is so dry that I swear I just heard the skin crack when I started typing. Ewww.

We had the semester-ly faculty and staff meeting this morning, and they offered a few different "healthy lifestyle" workshops to go to, so I dragged J to the "Life Balance: Too Many Balls, Not Enough Bounce" session. And not just because it had the best subtitle either. I really feel overwhelmed at times by how many things I am trying to keep going, and I have that unfortunate tendency to feel guilty when I let things slide. Things like keeping in touch with friends and family...cleaning the kitchen floor...smiling at my husband...general stuff like that. Everybody keeps telling me that things get easier once kids get older and more independent, but I have to wonder what it's going to be like to live in my own filth for another few years.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jocelyn said...

Seriously, thing do get easier, and a lot more quickly than you might imagine. My H is only 2 1/2 and I already feeling like I'm getting a grip on a lot of things I'd been letting slide since I had him. Even at this age, he can entertain himself for periods of time long enough for me to get a thing or two done, and even when he's with me while I'm trying to do stuff, he's not attached to me the way he used to be. Hang in there, the days of hanging around in your own filth are coming to a close soon. :)

4:58 PM  
Blogger BETH said...

It does get easier in some ways, but there are challenges with every age! You are getting close to the time when Lil J can entertain himself (like Harrison) and it really makes the biggest difference in your overall sanity. Right now, though, I am so weary of brushing teeth and going to bed being such a fight that I think am actually considering just letting her stay up nonstop and not caring if her teeth fall out.
I jest, of course, but for the love of pete, i am tired!

10:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home