Friday, March 27, 2009

"Mom, it's 'in excess,' not 'inks'"

As if I'm not already convinced, this morning my body wanted to drive home the point that I'm getting old by letting me pinch my sciatic nerve at 3 a.m. when I got up to use the bathroom. Awesome. Of course, the 50-something librarians around here can commiserate with me, but that still doesn't exactly ease the pain of knowing I'm turning into an octogenarian and I'm only 34. I think the only thing that would make me feel better is if a dozen chocolate donuts magically appeared in front of me right now. ...I'm waiting....

In child news, last night was an odd night for Lil J. Usually at bedtime, he likes me to hold him and tell him some stories so he can wind down (because most nights, Daddy plays with him before bed and all that tickling, wrestling and tomfoolery gets him all hyper), but last night, Lil J hopped down off my lap, laid face-down on his fuzzy purple blanket and fell asleep on the floor. I find it charming when he exhibits the behavior of a homeless man.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just love it when they do things like that!

We're now having 'fun' with not liking a bath!

9:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Any sign of those donuts yet?

Sounds like Lil J keeps things interesting.

9:23 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Nope, no donuts. The universe does not like me.

Kids really are unpredictable. They're a mystery wrapped in an enigma, swathed in a puzzle.

10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home