Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Kiss my grits

Has anyone else seen the commercials on tv for the "Bumpits" hair piece thingies? I saw that yesterday and was shocked that people are still trying to give themselves big hair like that. But then I thought about it and realized two very important factors: 1) I was watching a rerun of My Big Redneck Wedding at the time, and that show is on 2) the CMT channel. So there you go. Explains that. I hate to make generalizations about regional differences in the USA, but only a country chick would wear something so goofy. And, while I'm on the subject, can I give my eternal thanks to Beth for introducing me to My Big Redneck Wedding? I can be in the depths of depression or suffering debilitating fatigue, and that show always cheers me up. Yesterday's episode featured a delightful couple from Arkansas named Tazema (what now?) and Kevin. Tazema looked to be about 19, six feet tall and weighing in around 300 pounds, whereas Kevin should be applying for retirement benefits in a year or two and weighed maybe 98 pounds with his hunting gear on. She kept threatening to kick his butt the entire episode. But, you know, there's something sort of romantic about it. Makes me believe that there is someone out there for everyone. No one person is too grotesque to be alone forever. Thank you, CMT.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAHA! This post really made me laugh and I needed it!

9:38 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

I'm serious, DVR some episodes of MBRW, and you'll have an antidote to stress available to you 24 hours a day :)

10:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm definitely going to look for this show. It sounds like a winner.

11:44 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

It is A RIOT.

12:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home