Thursday, February 26, 2009

The Pork Chop Express

The local radio stations were actually playing good music on the way to work this morning. I got to hear David Bowie, Sting and Def Leppard. Nice. I feel like such a fossil when it comes to music. Everything I like is at least 20 years old. Ah well. I guess I sympathize better with my Mom now. She hated Bon Jovi in the 80's. And, to her credit, they really had some crappy songs. Oh, listen to this--I was talking to one of my students on Tuesday about the movie Summer School, and one of my other students told me that he hates all movies from the 80's. All of them. Can you imagine? A life without Ferris Bueller and Jack Burton? Sad.

Speaking of my students, I graded their first test yesterday. It was really, really bad. They did so poorly that I had to curve it on top of the extra credit question that was already on there. Either I really suck at teaching this class or they don't study at all.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had a friend who refused to listen to any music made in the 80s at all. Bizarre.

12:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that was from me :)

12:54 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

I don't understand this anti-80's sentiment. Sure, our hair looked funny, but it was a simpler time!

12:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Orlando Matt hates 80s music too. That, to me, is shocking and sad. I love the 80s and thankfully I have friends here who do as well. We've been sad about all the remakes they're threatening to do like Clue and The Neverending Story.

2:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just recently found out about the Karate Kid remake, but I think it was squashed.

2:37 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

A Clue remake. These people are on crack.

3:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The description of the Clue remake is awful...Universal said they will turn Clue into "a global thriller and transmedia event that uses deductive reasoning as its storytelling engine. Um, it's a movie set in a house. It's not a 'global thriller', people!

4:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home