Thursday, February 19, 2009

Welcome to Thunderdome

On Saturday, Lil J and I drove (well, technically, I did most of the driving) to see my Mom, sisters and nephews. We went to Cici's Pizza and then a mall, where Lil J had his first taste of the mosh pit that is the mall play area. But he had a great time. He was running around like a champ, afraid of nothing. There was this one little boy in there that kept pushing him over, and I finally looked that kid dead in the eye and said "STOP pushing him" in my best Clint Eastwood voice. I am not above scaring the daylights out of somebody else's kid, people. I suspect that little hooligan's mom was probably over at Chick-fil-a scarfing down waffles fries. Hmph. Anyway, that's him in the orange striped shirt. I could not for the life of me get a picture of him facing me because he was always running to do something else. We are going to be spending a lot of time in malls this summer, methinks.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE the title of the post- so appropriate! I'm so glad he enjoyed himself so much!

9:27 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

I was really happy he wasn't scared or overwhelmed by anything. I admire his "can do" attitude.

10:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a great title. I'm sure you're totally right about the mom being Chick-Fil-A.

11:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When we took Eva Cate to a mall playground, I almost got mauled by 2 little 5 year olds. They didn't think I should be helping my daughter who couldn't get up the hill by herself, so tried to knock me out of the way! Not Cool! And their mother wasn't around either!
Eva Cate of course, loved it, but I wasn't so happy at the end of it. It's so neat when the kids have fun with the little playgrounds!

3:49 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

I know, some of those kids are vicious. They're going to be investment bankers in the future, I just know it.

4:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home