Wednesday, February 18, 2009

I'm in a glass cage of emotion!

I need someone to volunteer to call me on the afternoons that I'm home and make sure I don't watch reruns of Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. I made the mistake of watching that Monday afternoon and bawled like somebody kicked my puppy off a bridge. But, man, does that show pull on the heartstrings or what? This one was about a family that provides horseriding therapy to the disabled, and then the father/husband died unexpectedly on the couch at night, and the mom still hadn't hung up his work shirt from the last place he left it, and then they showed shots of these disabled children smiling while they rode the horses...sniff. I hate that show for making me feel.

And please don't tell children's services, but I'm afraid for Lil J. That kid has had two busted lips and a contusion on his forehead in the last few days. He tripped and landed on a big Lego block (busted lip #1), rammed his head into a rocking horse (busted lip #2) and then accidentally took a header into the bathtub faucet last night (contusion). I feel like such a horrible parent. And then I think about how many near misses he has and feel even worse. He's going to develop better balance soon, right?

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

His balance will definitely improve! I'm right there with you... and for me it always seemed to happen the night before he goes to school... what those people must think of me!

9:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

P.S. LOVE the post title ;)

9:32 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

"They're putting Corningstone on the air! THEY'RE PUTTING CORNINGSTONE ON THE AIR!!!"

9:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

EM:HE always makes me bawl. In fact I now only watch the beginning, fast forward thru the middle, watch the end and I still end up crying.

10:11 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Those producers are just plain mean.

10:25 AM  
Blogger Jocelyn said...

His balance will improve, don't worry. When H was first walking, I'd get three or four incident reports per week from daycare. The kid just didn't know enough to put his hands out when he fell. It got so bad that the afternoon teacher started refusing to give me the reports - she made the other teacher (who was usually gone by the time I got there) call me at work.

12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home