Friday, February 13, 2009

Have a Hot Pocket. They're breathtaking

I had this whole blog post thought out in my head this morning, and then I threw up twice, and now I can think of nothing but the waves of nausea hitting my poor, abused stomach. I will say this though--I'm still hoping J buys me some chocolates for Valentine's Day. Even if I can't eat them, I still think I'd enjoy staring at them and smelling them for a couple days. Heh, that reminds me of a story about my Dad. After he'd had his surgery and radiation for throat cancer, he had a feeding tube put in his stomach because the doctors knew that if he tried to eat by mouth, he'd probably never get anything down. So for a year there, he'd walk by the dinner table and ask to smell our plates. And it actually seemed to make him happy. He'd also pour a couple cups of coffee down his tube every morning. That always cracked me up--you know you are a coffee junkie when you pour it directly into your stomach. He took that feeding tube business like a champ. Went through that for a whole year, and I've had morning sickness for 7 weeks and feel like running head-on into a granite wall. I apparently got the recessive "wuss" gene.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw, Ann! I hope you feel btter soon. I wonder if all the nausea means its a girl...

8:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a cool story about your dad. He really was a champ.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the nausea means a girl.

Great, the word verification thing isn't working. I wonder if I hurt its feelings yesterday.

9:07 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Word verification can be very sensitive.

It is interesting that I feel sicker this time than I did last time. Is that normal?

9:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Every pregnancy is unique" But the 'old wives' say that bad morning sickness means more female hormones floating around ;) I guess we'll see!

9:37 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Yeah, we should know for sure in about 8 more weeks.

9:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home