Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Let's party like we're on the forest moon of Endor

My friend at work was just in here talking about her sick children and how one of them was throwing up mucus a couple days ago. I think I can safely say I'm about to lose whatever is left of those Cheerios I choked down this morning. Ughhhhhh.

I have concluded once again that I am not one of those super moms who's really tuned in to her kids. Last night, Lil J was sitting in his high chair trying to talk to me and I had no clue what he wanted. Finally, I figured out that his increasingly agitated utterings of "go go go bah bah bah" meant "I want to dip this tiny piece of a Baked Lays potato chip in your lemonade" but, honestly, how was I supposed to know that? I mean, who wants to dip potato chips in lemonade? But we all know one of those moms that would claim she knew exactly what he meant. Those chicks give the rest of us a bad name.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It must be all smoke and mirrors b/c I am in the same boat with you. But your story reminds me that Logan learned that he likes to dip his french fries in ketchup - it was too cute!

11:12 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

French fries in ketchup is a delight. I will never understand French fries in mayo, however.

11:14 AM  
Blogger BETH said...

Makes me think of Pulp Fiction, but I digress. I have decided that a lot of guesswork goes into parenting, as well as a lot of trial and error. Those parents that say they know all that stuff are lying to us or themselves, not sure which one.

2:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home