Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Kids, like dogs, can smell fear

Lil J and I went to the park yesterday to play on the jungle gym, and Lil J proved himself to be one brave little hobbit. He was one of the youngest kids there, but he attacked that play equipment like he never heard the word "fear." One little 20-month-old boy was scared to go down the twisty slide, so Lil J just roared right past him and squealed the whole way down. I was impressed...mostly because I don't think I was ever that brave as a child. Although, who knows, maybe I was courageous as a toddler and just got more scared of things as I got older and realized there was a lot to be scared of. That's possible. At this point in my life, I only need to hear one story about a bungee cord snapping to know I will never try bungee jumping. I've also never gone skiing because I'm pretty sure the first time I do, I will suffer a compound fracture in my good leg (oh, and, really, I don't have a "bad" leg per se, I just like to say I do). It's going to be one of those things where my children will probably grow up to be extreme bikers or something, and I'll be sitting at home knitting and going gray. But at least my skeleton will be intact!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too funny! We took Logan to a playground recently and I realized how over protective I am - other kids his size were running around like crazy and there I was, 1 step behind Logan at all times - ha!

10:51 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Well, I can understand that. He's not 2 yet, and a lot of those kids were probably older or bigger than him. You don't want him getting trampled! :)

10:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home