Friday, April 10, 2009

When it's time to change, you've got to rearrange

I got into work this morning, and there was a Cadbury Creme Egg sitting on my computer keyboard! Sweet! The Easter Bunny was out early today! ...or late last night...I can't say for sure. But that was a delightful surprise. I put on my sunshine yellow maternity shirt today so I would look pastel-y and spring-ish even though it's gray and rainy outside. Trying to keep the overall mood cheerful...even though the holiday is about Jesus dying and rising from the dead. Such a weird holiday. To this day, I don't really get what pagan tradition with the bunnies and the eggs got mixed in with the Christian events. So confusing. But I think Jim Gaffigan sums up the absurdities of our holidays very well in this clip. I suppose it's better to not overanalyze and just enjoy it. I feel pretty confident that Jesus doesn't mind me gorging myself on chocolate for the next couple days anyway. He'd be cool with dat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home