Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Girl powah!

I had the anatomy ultrasound on the new baby on Monday, and the OB was mostly sure that it's a girl! Wow! That was a shock. I thought that with my family's history, my Mom was surely going to wind up with 9 grandsons and one granddaughter (that's my brother's 4th who was born a couple months ago). But lo and behold, life is all about surprises, isn't it? The OB said she couldn't be 100% sure about it because the baby was sitting breech, so it was hard to get a completely clear view, but she looked and looked for a long time, and neither one of us ever saw anything that resembled a boy part. And Lil J had no shame about showing off his stuff in utero, so I feel pretty confident that this is a girl. So send name suggestions! We have a lot more leeway with girl names, so I won't have to shoot down very many. Nice.

I just sort of hope she has a lot of hair. Because she'll be wearing a lot of blue and my one chance to make her look girly is with accessories. But no pierced ears. Babies with pierced ears creep me out.

11 Comments:

Anonymous katie said...

Blue is one of my favorite colors, so I wouldn't worry about her wearing blue... and I bet that the family is going to buy her some frilly things in celebration of her gender!!

When we were throwing around names, Mike threw out all the boys names that were too easy to make fun of and I threw out all the girls names of his ex girlfriends - ha!

Here are some suggestions (all names of kids I know, so I wouldn't wind up using them, so I don't mind sharing! HA!)
Kaitlyn
Emma
Abby (Abigail)
Violet
Kalina

9:44 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Awww, those are pretty names. We have a niece on J's side named Kaitlyn with that same spelling and everything. I don't know if I could ever name a child Violet, though, because one of my former coworkers named her hamster that. And she killed that poor creature by putting it in her freezer. So gross.

10:00 AM  
Blogger BETH said...

I am a proponent of family names (obviously!)! :) FUN that it's a girl and it doesn't matter what you dress her in, people will still ask if it is a boy or girl..I would have EH in pink wrapped up in a pink blanket and someone would ask if it is was a boy or girl. And, I agree with you...i don't like pierced ears on babies!!

10:03 AM  
Anonymous katie said...

Isn't if funny how one wrong association with a name ruins it completely???

10:15 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

I know, every time I see a picture of Jennifer Garner's daughter, Violet, I think of that dead hamster. Which isn't fair to that little girl at all :)

11:32 AM  
Blogger Hannah Barnaby said...

My favorite girl name at the moment is Lily. And you are welcome to it, because even if we have another girl I can't give her an L name. We already have Libby (Olivia's nickname) and Lucy, and I refuse to be one of those people whose kids all have the same first letter for their names.

11:46 AM  
Blogger Jocelyn said...

Yay for a girl! Our girl name was Audrey, which you are more than welcome to use, since we're just having one. :) And I am so with you on the pierced ears.

12:15 PM  
Anonymous Ashley said...

Whoohoo! I have lots of girl names, but can't think of anything at the moment- ack!

And EC still gets called a boy- especially since she won't let me put things in her hair.

12:17 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

Those are excellent suggestions for names, thanks! And I can totally see any daughter of mine refusing to let me put things in her hair either. Apparently, when I was a child, I wouldn't let my Mom even comb my hair so I had a real Doc Brown look going as a toddler.

2:57 PM  
Blogger Jocelyn said...

I forgot to ask....what do we win if you use our name? ;-)

4:49 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

There are Ding Dongs in the vending machine here at work. So...a packet of Ding Dongs? Hee.

9:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home