Friday, January 08, 2010

It was like a 4-year-long Iditarod race

I woke up this morning, turned on the news and saw that Alabama won the BCS title game last night. I had completely forgotten it was on. Geesh, what have I become that I'm forgetting big football games? Well, I guess the easy answer there is that I became a mom. I'd like to blame my forgetfulness on the fact that we got a distracting 4 inches of snow yesterday afternoon. It took us about twice as long to get home yesterday, and that was even with the school letting us out an hour and a half early. I'm so glad they did that, because I'm pretty sure driving home in that kind of weather during rush hour traffic would have suuuuuuuucked. Days like that make me really glad that when I was going to college in Rochester, I never really had to drive anywhere. They know what they're doing when they discourage kids from living off campus. I see that now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home