Tuesday, September 27, 2005

I almost killed a crack whore on my way to work this morning

It's true. As we were coming into work, two women were attempting to cross the street and instead of going at a crosswalk or waiting for a break in traffic, they just darted across a whole bunch of oncoming cars. One woman made it across, but the other stopped on the double yellow line and just stood there in the middle of the road. I hit my brakes to let her pass, and as we got closer to her we noticed she looked ROUGH. Greasy hair, face breaking out, old, baggy clothes. Plus, she seemed pretty unsteady on her feet. So, being the warm and fuzzy people we are, J and I concluded they were two crack whores heading back to their stairwells after a long night of work. This is what living in the ghetto does to you: makes you think everybody's on drugs and you spend half your day trying to spot the hookers on the street.

As I age, I try to avoid political discussions because it pretty much always turns out I'm the most liberal person in the room (except when sister Slappy's with me) and everybody turns on me like rabid wolves, but I just have to mention this. I saw on ABC this morning that President Bush asked Americans yesterday to conserve fuel as much as possible. And then he and his motorcade went 5 miles to dinner with 5 SUV's and 6 vans that (altogether) would have cost about $600 to fill up with gas. Ok, what the heck is that? Can you please just eat in for a while there, George? Huh? Could you help us out? Order a pizza maybe? Hmm?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home