Thursday, September 22, 2005

Now, Edward and Selma, that was a good couple

I really don't know why this is on my mind today (...maybe because my brain is just plum tuckered out from analyzing the Lost from last night. Good episode. The wig department needs to be laid off, but the show was fantastic), but I keep wondering what happened to Pink. Remember back when she first came out, and she had the fluorescent pink hair and sang soul/hip-hop music and even danced? And then she found her "independence" (and by that, I'm thinking "bottle of 151" would be more accurate) and became that angry, punk chick? What exactly happened there? And where is she now? I've seen plenty of female singers in my time go from innocent to skanky and they manage to stick around, but I think somewhere along the line there, Pink just got a little too weird.

I'm developing this theory that people who come off really angry are actually just mad because they don't have a very good personality. Have you ever seen Pink in an interview? She seems pretty normal but also kinda, well, blank. I think that's how she and Tommy Lee were able to date: they were both so vapid that they didn't notice each other's inanity. Although this theory is completely blown apart by the coupling of Edward Norton and Courtney Love. Back to the drawing board!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home