Wednesday, September 28, 2005

I'm 31. Whee!

Yep, today's my birthday. From what my Mom tells me, I wasn't born until about 11:30 at night on this date in 1974. I think that was the last time I was up that late.

As people are wont to do, everybody's been asking me if I feel any older. Not really. I don't feel any wiser, achier or more forgetful either. 31's a pretty unremarkable birthday, actually. But as a coworker pointed out, I am happier this year than I was last year, so that's quite nice. I just feel fortunate that I've never been one of those people who have a list of things they want to accomplish by a certain age. All I know is that I'd really prefer to have my student loans paid off before I'm 50. That would rule.

Mucus update: I am currently in the "nasal congestion" phase of my cold. I keep hearing clicks in my ears when I swallow. What the? And this cold medicine is making my head cloudy (whenever I structure a sentence that way, it always, always makes me say in my head "These pretzels are making me thirsty!!" Damn you, Seinfeld).

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANN!

Eat lots of cake! And Ice Cream! And anything else you want!

:-p

5:29 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

Thanks, guys! I did eat lots of ice cream, cake AND brownies...wait a sec, now I'm getting why I didn't sleep so well last night.

10:53 AM  
Blogger Lilly said...

[A belated] Happy b'day!

11:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home