Monday, November 21, 2005

Holiday angst-giving time is upon us

Got back from the school's annual Thanksgiving lunch just a little while ago. I must say, it was a delight. The mashed potatoes were superb. And quite a selection of desserts! I think it's fabulous that the school throws this shindig every year...for FREE. I don't care if the turkey was partially made from sawdust, it was free and it was delicious.

I am currently trying to track down every Italian Baroque painting that I can find in color for this project I'm working on. If anybody knows where Reni's Annunciation from 1609-11 is in color, I'm all ears.

Can I take an informal survey just out of curiosity? Hypothetically speaking, if one were to have 4 very young nephews then marry a man who has 10 nieces and nephews of various ages, what would you do in terms of buying Christmas presents? Your thoughts?

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

2 words: secret santa

3:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

2 more words: spending limit

4:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alisa- are you sober now?

4:40 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

Katie, did she call you while drunk on Saturday, too?

9:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha- the drunken phone call... it never loses its humor. Although I was afraid that you were going to put a drunken Reba on the phone, and I just didn't think that was really the best way to make that reunion happen... ha!

Did you watch last night? It is more than just Doogie using that line now :)

So, what did you think of this Barry? And what's Reba's fiance's name (again... I know I keep asking)?

8:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep- and I questioned the fact that you had already been drinking (it was around 6) and then you said, 'already? we've been drinking since 2! and then there was a lot of static and then you were gone.

1:11 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

A sampling of my phone conversation with Alisa on Saturday afternoon...

Me: Tell everyone at the tailgate I said hi.
Alisa: Ok, I will, but I don't think anyone will care.

Alisa is a blunt person when she's drinking :)

1:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HA! I didn't even know she was at a tailgate!!!

1:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are my versions:

I had a voice mail asking me where the Hell I was...
then Arisa evidently called my husband (who was getting close to the same stage she was) and proceeded to talk to him then hang up on him as well!

Ah... the drunk stories!

I must say that Mark and I are getting hooked that Meeting your mother show. What's it's name?

2:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home