Thursday, November 17, 2005

It's been 40 days since I impaled a man on a pike

Oooh, Lost was interesting last night. I never understood that clue about "Mr. Eko's stick" though. It really does sound more dirty than anything. Here's what I was most intrigued by: Goodwin saying "Nathan was not a good person. That's why he wasn't on the list." When you think about it, the Others have been trying to take the children (Walt, Turniphead). And many of the survivors on the island whose flashbacks we've seen have committed some sort of "sin" or done something wrong, so it would lead you to believe that the Others are picking and choosing for some reason. Possibly? I really loved that tense conversation between Ana-Lucia and Goodwin that ended with her kicking his lily butt. Take that, you killer of Nathan-aka-Ed's-best-friend-aka-Arisa-thinks-you're-cute! Such a good show.

Went out of the house this morning to find snow on the car and ice on the streets. Old Man Winter has reared his grizzled, frostbitten head, my friends. But you know what this means, right? Hot chocolate and popcorn! Whoo!


Also saw on the news this morning that Matthew McConaghey (I have no idea how to spell that) was named People's "Sexiest Man Alive." Huh. Well, I guess if you consider a man who doesn't seem real bright and walks around with his shirt off 65% of the time to be sexy, that makes sense.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to laugh b/c I kept referring to Nathan as Ed's best friend too!

Mr. E was carving something on his stick...

The idea of '40 days' does have some religious undertones to it...

Congrats to Ana-Lucia for kicking Goodwin's butt- I had a feeling he wasn't on the up and up, but I still hate her character... she just annoys me.

8:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I must confess, I got into Ed late in the game, and then they kept switching the time and I never did see the finale- all I knew is that Ed finally proposed.

Alisa- I can't tell from your comment if you mean that Mr. Eko is a christian or muslim? I noticed that he had a moment with the bible though.

Although I didn't love Shannon as a person... I thought they were going somewhere with her character, so for that I am sad that she is dead- but how supid to reveal it in the previews. I mean we pretty much knew she was a gonner, but still. And to kill her and Boone? I think that's lame. Bets on if she comes back in visions or something?

10:25 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

How could you tell he was Nigerian? I'm also intrigued by that glass eye in the other Dharma shelter. Who needed a glass eye??

1:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

On 'the boards' they are saying that one of the men in the little plane they found had an eye patch (glass eye) and one of them was dressed as a priest (bible)

4:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmm... this show you call "Lost", I'm just not sure about it.

I am proud that I have not caved into watching that show! :-p

5:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home