Sunday, December 11, 2005

"But, Dad, I'm Jesus Christ!"

J went out last night and shovelled the driveway figuring that when the sun came out today, it would all melt away, leaving the driveway in pristine condition. But guess what? It's snowing right now. He's going to be so mad when he wakes up.

I saw that Richard Pryor died this weekend. That's too bad. I never really got to see any of his wild, edgy work when he was all coked up back in the 70's. I'm a child of the 80's, so I remember Richard Pryor in things like Brewster's Millions and that one where he's blind and Gene Wilder is deaf. I don't know if the studios toned him down or if he just got calmer as he got older, but when I hear these things about him being really avant-garde at one point, I'm like "Whu?" To me, it would be like hearing Bill Cosby used to beat up hobos for fun. Incongruous!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home