Monday, December 05, 2005

Don't get on the treadmill drunk, people

I'm scared. We're planning on going to the post office over lunch so I can mail a package to Poppy. Last time I went to the post office near Christmas, I had to wait so long that my blood pressure actually made my eyeballs pulse. I just wish somebody would do a study to determine why lines at the post office and the DMV are so stinking slow. Maybe one day Microsoft will buy the postal service and then it'll all be computerized and take about 3 seconds to ship a package to Norfolk. That would rule.

I'm feeling much better today. I believe I have a slight inner ear infection because Saturday and Sunday was spent with the room spinning every once in a while. Gnarly. I went to the gym yesterday and did a leisurely pace on the stationary bike, but I made the mistake of looking up at the tv quickly, and that made me get dizzy and I almost fell right off the back of the seat. Which would have been really funny to somebody watching, I must admit. Makes me think of the time I was at the gym at my old apartment complex, and a guy got on the treadmill and started to jack up the pace really high. Well, he apparently set it way too fast, because once it really started going, he couldn't keep up and zoomed off the back of it and crashed into the wall. He was fine, but I had to bite my lip off to keep from laughing. I am so mean.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I understand your fear... how did it go? I also went to the PO today- but luckily since it was in one of the House buildings- wasn't too bad! Yet- I still have plenty more to mail in the coming week...

1:28 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

The post office was surprisingly painless. Only 2 people in line ahead of me! Have you seen the Christmas cookie stamps? I want to eat them!

1:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

no I haven't man! Though did you know that stamps are going to go up in Jan... again!

They do make it hard to want to write letters the old fashioned way!

3:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, the stamp price goes up in part to help pay government employee salaries... hmm....

10:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

still kicks me in the butt one way or another man!

10:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home