Saturday, November 26, 2005

What exactly are Bratz anyway?

I have no idea what day it is anymore. Feels like Sunday, although the tv assures me it's Saturday. Curious. Well, Thanksgiving was great. Saw the family at my Mom's house and had a marvelous time hanging out with everybody and eating like royalty (although, honestly, I wouldn't choose to eat like that every day. I hear Henry VIII had a vicious case of the gout). We also went to J's family's in the evening, where I proceeded to TAKE OUT a couple gentlement in poker. I ask you, is there any better feeling than shutting up a trash-talker? Heh.

The rest of the weekend's been nice and quiet. It's freaking cold around here, so I don't feel like doing much. And in an interesting coincidence, I have also caught a cold, so that's some nice symmetry. I attempted to go Christmas shopping for the kiddies yesterday and got so overwhelmed by the variety of toys that I almost started crying in Target. I am that pitiful. But, thankfully, J went with me today at Toys R Us and helped me sort it all out. All I know is that I remember back when I was a kid and all we had to play with were those plastic tubes filled with water with the button on the bottom that would shoot balls around inside, and WE WERE HAPPY. If you were lucky you also had a sit'n'spin, one Barbie and a loopy straw to drink your Quik. It never occurred to me that I needed a battery-powered car with Spongebob Squarepants on the door singing Rock around the Clock every 10 seconds. Geesh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home