Wednesday, December 07, 2005

My brain has a mind of its own

I'm having one of those days where everything I say seems to come out in the wrong tone of voice. In my head, it sounds normal before I say it, but then when I open my mouth, it's like neurons are misfiring left and right. For instance, I was talking to my coworker about the forecasted snow for tomorrow night, and I said "3 to 6 inches!" in a very accusatory tone when I meant to sound amazed. And when I told J that I was going to fix our cereal this morning, it sounded as though I was devastated about it. What the? Is my uvula paralyzed? The good news is that nobody's said anything to me...I assume because people sort of expect me to say bizarre things, so they're not even noticing. This eccentric reputation I've built up really has its advantages!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny how? Is she a clown? Does she amuse you?

1:47 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

You mean to offend me by calling me "funny?" Like "touched in the head?" Yeah, well, your mom. Take that!

2:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

considering the content of today's post, I would be very curious to know the intonation of Ann's last insult.

3:57 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

Katie, I don't even know anymore!

4:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home