Thursday, July 03, 2008

Ham bone

So last night, J and I were busy fixing Lil J's crib bumper while he sat in the crib, and at one point I turned and looked at the baby because he was sounding even more excited than usual, and he was STANDING UP in the crib holding on to the music box part of his mobile! Ack! Lil J was all happy and proud of himself, while J and I were freaking out because he looked like he was about to flip over the side of the crib, and I personally had this flash montage going through my head of all the things I need to babyproof in the house now. We've already moved the crib mattress down, but I just can't believe how mobile he's become lately. A month ago he had just figured out how to sit unsupported, but now he's pulling himself up and quasi-crawling/scooting on the floor so he can grab all the shiny or furry things he sees. I think it's the steroids. Since we still have about 4 weeks of the medicine to go, I figure he'll be driving me to work by August and riding a bike around the neighborhood when he's 8 months old. Wonderful. I think I'm getting a migraine.

3 Comments:

Blogger BETH said...

I am sorry, Ann, but i am laughing so hard right now! :) Aaah, the pulling up stage and the freaking out about baby proofing! EH figured out the cabinet locks so they were useless and we had to clear every table top, etc. of anything b/c she would swipe it all off. Parents (me included!) are so excited about our babies crawling and walking but when they do, all you want them to do is get back in the bouncy seat and be still! :) Seriously, it is fun, though, and he will only get more fun!

9:04 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Ha! So this is a pretty normal reaction then? I tell you what, the thing that really scares me is that I think Lil J is physically stronger than I am. He'll be reaching for the candy dish on the table (which I know I need to move) and, I'm serious, I can barely hold him back. Hulk Baby!

9:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm laughing too b/c I have just gone through it (still going through it!) Logan isn't even on the roids and he is so strong and strong willed!

7:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home